Marine Import/Export Claim:
- In case where a loss/damage is suspected before taking delivery of the consignment at the Port of discharge, the Local Shipping Agents as well as Insurers should be informed immediately to arrange a joint Survey of the consignment. Surveying agent in case of export claims shall be advised.
- All possible steps/measures shall be observed to mitigate/minimize the loss.
- Serve notice to the carrier and/or shipper.
- Co-operate with the Surveyors by providing Copies of Bill of lading-, Shipping invoice, packing list, Bill of entry or any other document that may be required by the attending surveyor’s representative.
- If shortages are caused due to Short Supply or wrong Supply, the insured should immediately take up the matter with their Suppliers, shipping agent and carrier serving them proper notice.
- Submit claim bill.
- Letter of subrogation where required.